27 Things Millennials And Gen X’ers Have Forgotten About
1. Remember waking up to your favorite radio station whenever the alarm went off on your Sony Dream Machine?
2. Let’s not forget how controversial The Simpsons were, and how Bart was seen as a bad influence.
3. And who could forget everyone wanting a Bart Simpson T-shirt?
4. Do you remember the blurry AF White Diamonds commercial where Elizabeth Taylor says, “These have always brought me luck”?
5. How about knowing Mark Wahlberg only as Marky Mark the rapper who would always strip down to his underwear?
6. The rollercoaster scream during the opening credits of Step by Step used to get us every time.
7. Steve Urkel-mania was so huge that there was even a talking doll and cereal based on him.
8. Who can forget Madonna’s Sex book that came wrapped like a condom and had everyone wondering what the hell was in it?
9. CK One was just so cool and different when it came out, even though EVERYBODY ended up wearing it.
10. Laughing at Mr. Furley’s panic attacks on Three’s Company, which was also a sorta inappropriate show to have run in reruns after afternoon cartoons.
11. Lassie, Dennis the Menace, and Mister Ed taking up precious cartoon time on Nickelodeon.
12. Remember those red sports car VHS rewinders that looked so-so-cool?
13. How about having a cabinet shelf full of old VHS tapes that you didn’t even know what was on them?
14. Those creepy AF commercials for Time Life’s Mysteries of the Unknown book series.
15. CDs packaged in long boxes.
16. Record stores displaying singles and albums based on their chart performance that week.
17. The cool display figurines that decorated the upper parts of the Disney stores.
18. Kurt Loder delivering news on MTV sometimes like he was doing it with a gun pointed to his head.
19. MTV’s Sex in the 90’s featuring the Dog Brothers, who were like the original Jersey Shore personalities.
20. Remember those T-shirts featuring the Looney Tunes characters dressed in hip-hop clothes?
21. The absolute delicacy that was Keebler’s Pizzarias Pizza Chips.
22. That infomercial featuring Cher selling Lori Davis hair products that played all the time on the weekends.
23. The Jessica Rabbit poster you would always find in the poster racks at Spencer’s.
24. Watching Live with Regis and Kathie Lee whenever you stayed home sick from school, with their set that looked like a house.
25. McDonald’s burgers that came in Styrofoam containers.
26. And lastly, the urban legend that there was a penis on the cover of The Little Mermaid VHS because it was drawn by a disgruntled ex-Disney employee.