14 Horror Movie Scenes That Scared Actors In Real Life
1. Janet Leigh from “Psycho” was so disturbed by the iconic shower scene where her on-screen partner is stabbed that she completely stopped showering for a while. Instead, she opted for baths.
2. JoBeth Williams was frightened while filming the notorious pool scene in “Poltergeist,” but not because the skeletons on set were real.
3. The cast of “Alien” had no idea about the special-effects monster that burst out of John Hurt’s chest, leading to genuine shock and terror.
4. Three-year-old Carey Guffey was genuinely scared when encountering the aliens in “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
5. Jack Reynor admitted that filming the near-final scene in his bear suit for “Midsommar” was understandably terrifying.
6. Will Poulter, who also appeared in “Midsommar,” was similarly disturbed by watching the film.
7. Shelley Duvall had to reshoot her baseball scene in “The Shining” 127 times, which contributed to what she described as a “cruel” on-set culture.
8. The lawnmower in “Maximum Overdrive” was real, and the child actor who had to run from it was genuinely terrified. Additionally, a cinematographer was accidentally blinded during filming.
9. Alex Wolff revealed that filming the entirety of “Hereditary” gave him post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
10. Noomi Rapace disliked shooting a scene in “Prometheus” where she had to perform abdominal surgery on herself.
11. The actors in “Scream” were genuinely freaked out by the phone calls from Roger Jackson.
12. The actors in “The Blair Witch Project” were truly frightened by the shaking tent and other aspects of the movie.
13. Ashley Banks was genuinely terrified when she first encountered Dracula in “The Monster Squad.”
Do you think we missed any other great examples? Let us know in the comments below!