Book To Movie Adaptations That Changed
Whenever a book gets adapted for the big screen, changes are inevitable. Most of the time, these alterations can be quite disappointing. However, there are instances when movies deviate from the source material and people actually love the changes!
Here are 16 examples:
1. In The Da Vinci Code, Sophie discovers that she is a descendant of Jesus.
2. Stuart Little takes a different turn as Stuart is adopted, rather than Mrs. Little giving birth to a rat.
3. Gone Girl surprises us with Amy and Nick publicly announcing their pregnancy at the end.
4. A Simple Favor sees Emily ending up in prison, which diverges from the original story.
5. Breaking Dawn reveals that the battle was merely a vision after it occurred.
6. Jaws removes the affair between Hooper and the chief’s wife.
7. Jurassic Park changes the ages of the children.
8. P.S. I Love You shifts the setting from Ireland and Spain to the US and Ireland.
9. The Princess Diaries portrays Mia’s grandma as kind instead of mean.
10. The Lord of The Rings adds more urgency in getting the ring out of the Shire.
11. About a Boy surprises us by not having Marcus run away at the end.
12. The Hunger Games keeps Effie in all the installments.
13. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has Charlie earning his inheritance.
Which book-to-movie change do you love? Let us know in the comments!